Sunday 30 October 2011

"Help! I'm unravelling!!"

It's that time of year again where we purposely make ourselves look terrible & dress up in things we would normally never go near... Halloween!
I am not a big fan of fancy dress, but Halloween I can't deny but to make a small effort...
This year me & my 2 friends dressed up as 'mummies' & my other friend chose a zombie bride.  We all piled on the black eye shadow, wrapped ourselves in bandages, 1 even 'paled' herself with talcum powder & off we trotted out the door to our university's annual Halloween party!
I took a few amusing photos of our outfits to share with you;

The fancy dress hater - I wore a pale pink long strap dress &
literally wrapped bandages round me! Nude heels, big hair
& a red bag finished the look. (see my eye make up further down)

Converted fancy dresser - Daisy wore an old white sun dress with
a black veil of spiders & cobwebs teamed with black shoes, a black bow
anda black bag. (She also used talcum powder to whiten her skin!)

The fancy dress queen - Sarah loves fancy dress so put the
most effort in! She used a white dress, wrapped up in bandages
and with the spare bandages she tied them around limbs & her BIG hair!
Red shoes & bag finished the look

The should be model - Zoe carried on the mummy- bandage-theme.
She teamed her dress with a bandage head piece & nude pumps.



Here is a photo of my eye make-up;
 
I applied my mascara first & then applied a thin layer of black eyeshadow (that had a hint of glitter in) on my lid and a slightly thicker layer in the crease under my eye (in between my bottom eyelashes and cheek) .  I then drew a thick line along on top lashes my lids with a black liquid eyeliner.  Using a white eyeliner I then filled in the gap between the black & my bottom eyelashes and also along the line of my eyeliner on my lid. I stroked the black eyeshadow out from the outside corners of my eyes & applied some more to my lid to finish off.  I also used a natural, deep red lipstick, foundation & bronzer. 

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment