Wednesday 21 September 2011

A step back in time

Saturday I went back in time with beautiful fashions and amazing cars.  I went to the Goodwood Revival which is an annual event at the Grounds of Goodwood in West Sussex.  My Dad's in the car industry and we're bit of a petrol head family so are frequent attenders of all the car festivals at Goodwood. 

Not only were there a range of spectacular cars - old & new.. but also the fashion was exsiquite!  Everyone dresses up in dress from 40's, 50's & 60's and there are also pop-up-shops selling vintage clothing and accessories. 

Men wore mechanics overalls or tweed jackets & brogues, while the women wore 50's dresses, 60's flares and 40's skirt suits.  Fur was everywhere which I loved and of course was accompanied with bright, red lipstick.



The range of shops was fascinating and I ended up buying a vintage Aquascutum scarf (I have a thing for vintage scarves). 




There was also, to my delight, a pop-up Biba! I really love the vintage style of Biba and how they've kept the same principles of fashion from when they were originally around in the 60's & 70's. 

There was a gorgegous fur & leather bag which I drooled over for about 10 minutes and then realised even though there was £30.00 off the price, I still didn't have £265.00 to spare...!


Fur coats & aviator jackets were everywhere.

There was a pup-up salon offering hair & beauty from the 40's & 50's and a barbers for the guys. 

All in all it was such a good day out, and even though it rained the atomsphere was great and everyone still looked fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment