Friday 16 September 2011

It's a Fashion Thing

I have been incredibly lazy with my blogging this week... apologies!

I have, however, been checking out the shows from New York Fashion Week... AMAZING!
I've chose the two outfits that really stood out for me on the catwalk, but I also really liked the dress that Victoria Beckham wore, which I think is from her new collection... I'm not usually a pink person, but I can make an exception for the new mum!


Oscar de la Renta R-T-W catwalk was beautiful...
LOVE this dress/top combo.  The lace detail on the top is beautiful and goes so well with the bright colour of the dress. 

I also really like Rodarte's prints and dresses...especially the sunflower print.  The blue and Yellows go so well, and instantly give a summer feel to the dress. 


I'm so excited for London Fashion Week now, and have signed up at the London Fashion Week website for all the updates and gossip so I can always check out the shows. 

Last week I went to Vogue's Fashion Night Out in London.  It was my first time and loved it! Everyone was so well dressed and taking full advantage of all the best shops being open till late with offers and evemts instore.  The atomsphere was electric with the spotting of celebs and fashion vetrans mooching round the shops.  It was one big, well dressed, retail party and I cannot wait till next year!
The afternoon of FNO I still had no clue what to wear (as per usual!). I ended up going for coffee with a few friends and (of course) passing a Topshop... I persuaded the girls to venture in with me (moneys tight at the moment..) and I found a pair of plain leather shorts.  (Like I told the girl who served me when we discussed how nice they were) I had been looking for a plain pair for ages... I often change between gold and silver jewellery and most of the leather shorts I had seen have gold zips etc so I needed a pair I could wear either colour with.

I took a chance and bought them without trying them on... as soon as I put them on at home LOVED them! I got a size bigger so they weren't tight (tight leather when you're not stick thin isn't a great look) and teamed them with black tights, black brogues and a peach, cropped, knitted jumper from Topshop.
I also bought the gold ring for a simple jewellery look - didn't want to over do on the accessories and I have a slight obsession with the knuckle duster rings at the moment! (this one is my fifth!).

I can't wait to wear the shorts with wooly tights, bike boots and aran jumpers over the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment